Welcome to Devuan Jessie 1.0 Beta
Devuan GNU+Linux is a fork of Debian without systemd. Its Beta release marks an important milestone towards the sustainability and the continuation of Devuan as a universal base distribution.
Devuan Jessie provides continuity as a safe upgrade path from Wheezy and a flawless switch from Jessie that ensures the right to Init Freedom and avoids entanglement.
Since the Exodus declaration in 2014, infrastructure has been put in place to support Devuan’s mission to offer users control over their system.
Spread the word! a simple way to spell “Devuan” is “dev dash one dot org” both dev-one.org and dev-1.org point here.
Devuan aliases its releases using minor planet names as codenames.
- current stable is “Jessie” (planet nr.10464)
- current testing is “Ascii” (planet nr.3568)
- unstable is “Ceres” (planet nr.1)
To avoid censorship and blocks to the Internet, this website is also
accessible using Tor at the address
Devuan stable releases can be downloaded from files.devuan.org.
The preferred way to download is to use our release torrent (). The torrent contains all files for a given release. You can select what files to download if you have limited bandwidth or storage. Please seed if you can (~10GB)!
Devuan file names follow the release naming scheme.
Install instructions are also available for a growing number of platforms.
Devuan Release Archive Mirrors
- HTTP mirror up on devuan.voyanet.org
- HTTP mirror up on devuan.linkagile.eu
- HTTP mirror up on devuan.ksx4system.net
- HTTP mirror up on tux.rainside.sk
- HTTP mirror up on nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/devuan
- HTTP mirror up on devuan.c3l.lu
- HTTP mirror up on neo900.files.dev-1.org
- HTTP mirror up on devuan.4isp.it
- FTP mirror up on ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/devuan
- RSYNC mirror up on
- RSYNC mirror up on
The package repositories for Devuan are exclusive and they should not be used in addition to Debian:
deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie main deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-updates main deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-security main
We provide access to our package repository also via Tor: install
apt-transport-tor and then use the following hidden services
deb tor+http://devuanfwojg73k6r.onion/merged jessie main deb tor+http://devuanfwojg73k6r.onion/merged jessie-updates main deb tor+http://devuanfwojg73k6r.onion/merged jessie-security main
- Here a list of packages we have forked from Debian
- Here the packages specifically built for Devuan
- And here the infamous blacklisted packages
- Chillfan’s aka dev1fanboy wiki
- Friends of Devuan community wiki
- STUDY category On Devuan Discourse
- All posts
tagged as documentation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Serious drafts for the Devuan Project
- Engage in our forum:
- Subscribe to our mailing lists:
- Join the #devuan IRC channel (publicly archived)
- Send a private email to
All contact options